I don’t write a review for every book that I read, but I do like to keep track of the books I read. In the past, I kept a reading long on paper, but I’ve decided to move it to my book blog, where it would be more accessible, because honestly, I have no idea where the paper one is right now.
June 2015 – July 2018
Oh gosh, it’s been a while since I’ve updated this page. I know I’ve left a lot of books out of this section. On the other hand, I haven’t had the time or energy to do a lot of reading the past few years, so a lot of the content I’ve been absorbing lately is in the form of short stories and podcasts.
This section is completely out of order:
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- 33 Snowfish by Adam Rapp. Deeply disturbing and haunting.
- The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 133/4, The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole, Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years by Sue Townsend. I first read these as a teenager. Even though they are practically historical novels (the wedding of Charles and Diana, the Falklands War), they are still wickedly funny and hold up well for a re-read.
- Passarola Rising by Azhar Abidi. Good, but not terribly memorable.
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Definitely Maybe by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky. Weird, but definitely worth the read. I have a feeling something got lost in translation.
- Acadie by Dave Hutchinson. I did not anticipate the ending. Totally worth reading.
January 2015 – May 2015
This has been a really bad time for reading books…
- Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
- The Little Red Writing Book by Brandon Royal (nonfiction)
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
- The One-Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard and Spencer Johnson (nonfiction)
August 2013 – December 2014
- Truck by Michael Perry (nonfiction)
- Population: 485 by Michael Perry (nonfiction)
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- King Dork by Frank Portman (Lots of coded language in this one.)
- Skellig by David Almond
- The Lost Gate by Orson Scott Card
- I Was a Teenage Fairy by Francesca Lia Block
- Down Garrapata Road by Ann Estevis
- Nine Princes of Amber, The Guns of Avalon, Sign of the Unicorn, The Hand of Oberon, The Courts of Chaos, Trumps of Doom, Blood of Amber by Roger Zelazny
- Shipbreaker by Paulo Bacigalupi
- The Drowned Cities by Paulo Bacigalupi
- The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- Lizard Music by D. Manus Pinkwater
January – June 2013
- The Danger Box by Blue Balliett
- Rule of the Bone by Russell Banks
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- The White Mountains by John Christopher
- The City of Gold and Lead by John Christopher
- The Pool of Fire by John Christopher
- The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue
- The Last Book in the Universe by Rodman Philbrick
- The Satanic Mill by Otto Preussler
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
Published on: 22 July 2013
Lasted edited on: 25 August 2018